Board of Education - Big Horn School District #4
“Life-long learning through attitude, academics, and accountability.
Big Horn County School District #4 respects the uniqueness of each individual within a caring and trusting learning environment. The district will challenge each individual student to achieve academic success and charge each with the responsibility of meeting the high expectations of our changing world.
- All meetings of the Board are open public meetings. That means they are meetings held in public so that the public may observe the Board as it conducts the district’s business.
- The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Big Horn County School District # 4 shall be held in alternating locations at the school buildings during the school year and at the school administration building during the summer months.
- As required by law, the Board shall give notice before the start of the first semester of the regular meetings of the Board in a newspaper designated as the official newspaper of the district.
- All meetings of the Board are open to the public and press except for executive sessions.
- Comprehensive, fully searchable, Board of Education Policies are available online.
- The main focus of that plan is our district and building level goals. The goals are identified by analysis of data at each building level.
- Changes in delivery of curriculum and interventions are determined based on that data. As a board, we encourage and support the District's work on continuous improvement.
- Official minutes are available in the online archive once approved by the Board of Education.